Skip to content

Hay Bales Fire

July 9, 2013

IMG_9288This morning around ten o’clock firefighters  from three county stations – Stafford, Hudson, and St. John – responded to 507 NE 60th Ave. for hay bales on fire.

The group of large round hay bales had caught fire when sparks from a mowing operation caused them to ignite.

Approximately a third of the thirty bales were saved by firefighters who remained on scene for over two hours.

Some of the bales that were destroyed will burn throughout the day, so firefighters will return this evening to complete the extinguishment.

 

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: